Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Thing Three - RSS

I've been using a Bloglines account for a while, and I keep up with reading it most of the time. I am already tracking several librarian blogs, some news and entertainment sources, and a few technology sites. I really enjoy how easy RSS makes it to find out what's new.

I've now added some "23 Things" blogs to my Bloglines reader. The hard part here was finding the valuable "23 Things" blogs (I know they're out there!)--so many of them seem to be empty (or nearly so), or not related to the project (or libraries at all), or the author seems to be not following directions. I was really itching for some kind of search engine. But I did find a few using a hit or miss method, and I will keep them in my reader and see how it goes.

I did organize my Bloglines account, creating "playlists," including one for 23 Things. I really like the new sense of organization!

Next I added some of the blogs that were listed in the instructions for Thing Three: the CMLE Info feed, WebJunction, and a few of the Minitex feeds. They also went in my 23 Things playlist.

Ooh! Now I've just used the Bloglines search facility to find a few more feeds. I picked them based on reading about things that they've been doing that are Library 2.0-compatible: the Ann Arbor Public Library, and our nearby Hennepin County Library. Not surprisingly, they both have RSS feeds established (Ramsey County and St. Paul do not, sadly). Hennepin County and Ann Arbor are now in my 23 Things playlist, as well.

No comments:

My Trading Card

My Trading Card

Metaatem.net mashup!

C O, blue coloured card disc letter o Bead Letter L Caution!