Monday, February 25, 2008

Thing Five: More Fun with Flickr

As you can see, I did have more fun with Flickr; or more specifically, with the Flickr mashups we played with for Thing 5.

I played with metaatem.net's speller, and pulled the html for the result of my spelling and placed it on my blog. As you can probably guess, I really like the speller mashup: I originally had a two-word sentiment spelled out - "Really cool!" As it is, the pictures take up a fair amount of space, and I may move them to the bottom of my blog but, right now, I really like them.

I used the jigsaw puzzle maker at bighugelabs.com (love that name) to make a puzzle out of one of my photos (see below).

I thought of a few library uses for these mashups. There are some mashup games that could be used to teach the concept of tagging. The speller could make some really cute signage or posters. And the site which shares the jigsaw puzzle mashup also can produce a real jigsaw puzzle from the photo. Hard to believe, but there are still those who like to put a jigsaw puzzle together. The St. Paul Winter Carnival holds a jigsaw puzzle contest every year, and there is a fair turnout. Do jigsaw puzzles have a place in the library? Maybe.

This was really a fun "Thing"!

No comments:

My Trading Card

My Trading Card

Metaatem.net mashup!

C O, blue coloured card disc letter o Bead Letter L Caution!