Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing 23 - Final Thoughts



I am mentally and physically tired at the end of a long day of finishing up my 23 Things on a Stick (yup, I let the later Things languish a little too long). (Ooh, nice alliteration! Now I know I'm tired!) But I am also invigorated by considering what I have learned, and the infrastructure I have established. I set up a blog, and have kept it fresh and vital (I hope I will continue to keep it active). I gained familiarity with Flickr and Facebook, encountered old friends and met new ones. I expanded on my use of RSS and Library Thing. I had a little fun break at YouTube, and envisioned what could be done in my library. I wondered at podcasts and Webinars, IM, and SMS. I visited other 23 Thing-ers' blogs, and learned from their creativity. I've become very "sociable" in social networks and on wikis.

I think I learned a little bit about maintaining a careful critiquing view of the "latest and greatest" tools. My time is valuable, and so I need to determine which tools will be most helpful to me in my personal life and as I strive to be the best librarian that I can be.

If I could choose one word to sum up the experience, it would "invigoration." I see so many possibilities in Web 2.0 and Library 2.0. I am very thankful for this experience, and I would definitely participate in "23 More Things on a Stick"!

1 comment:

23 Things said...

Congratulations of finishing all 23 with time to spare. Love your word invigorating to describe the process.

Stay tuned for more on a stick in fall or winter.

My Trading Card

My Trading Card

Metaatem.net mashup!

C O, blue coloured card disc letter o Bead Letter L Caution!