Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing 13 - Online Productivity Tools

This Thing was a lot of fun! However, I think that the productivity of these tools would come after a bit of time, after one has gotten used to using them.

I used iGoogle to set up my home page--well, I didn't make it my home page yet, but I may do so. I was really impressed with all of the gadgets available, and went a little crazy setting some up. Not only did I add a "Countdown" gadget, but also a weather forecast, Google Calendar, and Date and Time. I went with iGoogle for convenience sake--a lot of the work that we've done for 23 Things has been Google-based. I was also impressed by how well-designed and visually attractive the iGoogle site looked.

I think that the Google Calendar could be quite useful. I added a task for two days from now, and it was really easy to do. I think that the fact that the calendar is online makes it very useful in scheduling meetings (I'm assuming that it could be set up to allow others access to your personal calendar).

I set up an online list tool - Ta Da List. (I started a list of the Things that I have left to do in the 15 days left of this project--yikes!) I think that a tool like Ta Da List could be very useful personally. I am an inveterate list maker, and here's a way to make lists that aren't just on paper, but which can be saved, emailed, and printed. Again, a real advantage is the online nature of the tool--it can become a collaborative, dynamic thing when working with others.

I also downloaded Sticky-Notes.net (the "lite" version). I'm not very familiar with this tool yet, but I can see lots of applications personally for this product. I am sure that, with practice, this tool would become very useful (again, for the listmaker in all of us).

No comments:

My Trading Card

My Trading Card

Metaatem.net mashup!

C O, blue coloured card disc letter o Bead Letter L Caution!