Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Thing 14 - LibraryThing

I love LibraryThing. I've been a member for a while now, and have about eighty books cataloged. Here is a link to my catalog -- http://www.librarything.com/catalog/klobrien2

For this Thing, since I was already pretty familiar with the product, I decided to add to and to refine my LibraryThing experience. I'm now watching the MLA LibraryThing, and I've joined the "Librarians who use LibraryThing" group. I added the LibraryThing Search widget to my blog. I added the LibraryThing blog to my Bloglines reader. I'll be able to keep more up-to-date on what's happening with LibraryThing.

I think LibraryThing has a lot to offer to a library. How cool would it be to have tag-based browsing and recommendations on the OPAC, based on the vast amount of information on LibraryThing?

1 comment:

Toland back in HS said...

How are the other "Things" coming along?

My Trading Card

My Trading Card

Metaatem.net mashup!

C O, blue coloured card disc letter o Bead Letter L Caution!