Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thing 8 - Share Your Creations

I really enjoyed Thing 8. This Web 2.0 knowledge that we're learning about is intellectually interesting, but unless we use it to disseminate information, it is little more than a cool gadget.

I enjoyed the slideshow and photo tools, but thought I'd try my hand at a database. I was able to use Lazybase to build a simple database of the branches of my library system, and I've included the "read only" link in the "Links of Interest" section of my blog.

Once I figured out the mechanics of Lazybase, it was easy to use. I like that Lazybase doesn't require a logon, or the setting up of an account, but lets the owner of the database control the editing access of the database by URL specification.

I can visualize TONS of uses for a database generator like Lazybase in the library environment. I'd recommend it to others, but I wish that the website had a little more introductory text to explain how the website works, how databases are designed, and any special functionality that can be used.

I was impressed also by the eFolio program and website. This looks like an amazing tool for creating an online portfolio. I'm thinking of generating an eFolio for myself.

The link to "50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story" also looked very helpful, chockful of helpful tools. I've got it bookmarked. I think I'll put that link in my link list as well.

No comments:

My Trading Card

My Trading Card

Metaatem.net mashup!

C O, blue coloured card disc letter o Bead Letter L Caution!